Please Read This! You may want to upgrade your browser.
You're using Internet Explorer 6 to browse Handi Quilter right now. Handi Quilter will work better for you, if you upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or switch to another browser.
digitizing a pattern
Posted: Oct. 30, 2009, 7:48 AM
|I would like to know if I can take a picture that one of my children has drawn and use it for a computerized pattern?????? Is this part of the digitizing process??? Any help????|
Re: digitizing a pattern
Posted: Nov. 5, 2009, 6:50 AM
Yes, this could be part of the digitizing process. You could learn to digitize with Pattern Cad, or you could contact a digitizer (I happen to be one) who could possibly digitize it for you.
To digitize your child's drawing I will briefly explain what you need to do.
1. Scan drawing into computer and save as a .jpg or .bmp file
2. You could open the .jpg or .bmp with a simple drawing program to "clean up some of the details of the drawing if you wish
3. Import or open the .bmp or .jpg in Pattern Cad
4. Using splines, curves, or arcs trace the child's design being sure to create continuous lines if you want it to quilt well
5. Use the tools in Pattern Cad to edit and optimize your design
6. Save or export the desing as .hqf so the ProStitcher can read it
If you contact me via the HQProStitcher Yahoo Group, I can give you some further suggestions as needed.