The One Million Stitches Club

Have you checked the stitch counter on your Handi Quilter machine lately?

HQ national educator Debby Brown did and discovered that her HQ Sweet Sixteen, Hazel, just passed one million stitches!

Any suggestions as to how Debby should celebrate? (We think she should buy some thread to get started on the next million stitches!)

How close are you to one million stitches? Have you already passed that milestone? Are you on your way? Download one of the One Million Stitches club buttons below and feel free to add it to your blog or Facebook page.

This entry was posted in Post. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The One Million Stitches Club

1. Pam Stuvek says:

Where do I find the million stitch button on my Avante?

• Nancy says:

The button is on this blog post in case you want to use it on your blog or FB. You can check how many stitches your Avante has done by going to the More menu and then Sys Info.

2. Pat Pinkston says:

I have had my Fusion machine for one year as of last week. The stitch reading as of last week before I started quilting today was 2,330,004.

3. Anna Belle Horgan says:

Thanks for the reminder! I purchased my Avante in 2011 and now have over 3.6 million stitches! I had no idea! I love my ‘Avante Buddy’ — initials the same as mine. Celebration!? Go have lunch and quilt another quilt with a smile on my face! :-) :-) :-) (I am NOT a commercial quilter – just love making quilts!)

4. chris carter says:

Debby my sweet 16 has not had the same workout as my avante which is now at 2.6 million stitches and most of those were done in the last 6-8 weeks, I am exploring names for the two lovely ladies

5. Pat D says:

I have only had my HQ16 for 8 months and am fast approaching 2 million. Having a great time.

6. Janet O. says:

I’ve had my Sweet 16 for 1 1/2 years and had never looked at the stitch counter. I am approaching 2 million stitches. I didn’t think I would have done that much already because I have only done 7 bed quilts and lots of minis, but there has been a lot of practicing, too.

7. Cathy RAcine says:

Congratulations – stop by and I will certainly be honored to provide you with a thread gift for your next million stitches!

8. Rhonda says:

Over 9 million stitches on my Sweet 16 in just over two years. 8.5 million until my first C-pod needed changing, 612,000 since then. I do a LOT of volunteer quilting for a Community (charity) Quilts program: http://rhondabracey.com/tag/community-quilts/

9. Paula Nicholes says:

I traded up from the HQ 16 after 6 years to an Avante’ in 2011. I was amazed at my stitch counter being 9,047,688! More surprising was one quilt just finished having over half a million stitches on it alone. Do we know how to have a good time or what?

10. Gail Tozier says:

I went into my studio and checked my life counter….6,745,445 !!
    I bought my HQ16 during a class at HQ University with a friend in 2008…I had borrowed hers up to that point. Mine was delivered in December 2008. I have quilted 88 quilts on it, for myself, my husband, 14 grandkids, friends, community service, Quilts of Honor, and now quilts for pay. I track the number of stitches for EVERY quilt, record that number and clear out the project counter.
    So…I’m now approaching 7 million….how should I celebrate???? (I know what I’d like…a new Fusion).