Careers at HQ
Handi Quilter is one of the largest manufacturers of longarm quilting machines in the industry. If you are interested in joining our team please email your resume to: email@example.com or fax to: 801-294-3011. Please reference the position you are interested in.
Date Posted: September 22, 2014
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Scheduled Hours: FT
General Description: Manages purchasing process and material flow of products from R&D throughout the process to completion of assembly. Manages inventory through supply control process. This involves coordination with various suppliers, placing orders, tracking inventory, and accurately making entries into accounting system in relation to the purchasing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates activities related to procurement duties and inventory control
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability
- Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations through negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, service, and terms of sale
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet Handi Quilter requirements
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct
- Works closely with accounting to ensure accuracy in all aspects of purchase order entry
- Coordinates weekly inventory counts with Accounting and Production
- Prepares and issues purchase orders, return orders and change notices
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications
- Oversees all activities related to procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity
- Negotiates complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors
- Close coordination with Accounting, R&D, Production, Marketing and other departments as needed to ensure accuracy and timeliness of product procurement.
- Other duties may be assigned
1. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of responsible experience related to the above duties, and preferably working with both domestic and international suppliers
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to analyze, collect, and research data; ability to use intuition and experience to complement data; ability to generate creative solutions; demonstrates attention to detail; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions; participates in meetings; gives and welcomes feedback; writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; treats people with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; inspires the trust of others; upholds Handi Quilter values; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; responds to management direction; meets challenges with resourcefulness; reacts well under pressure; follows through on commitments; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
An individual must have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Inventory software and Order processing systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position may require lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion, and some travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associated with this position is confidential and proprietary information of Handi Quilter. Employee acknowledges that this information will not be shared with others outside the discharge of duties. Confidential and proprietary information is information not generally known to the public.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature of this position and is not considered an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, requirements, knowledge, skills or abilities. Handi Quilter reserves the right to add or change duties at any time. All Handi Quilter employees are required to pass a drug test prior to being hired at Handi Quilter.