Careers at HQ
Handi Quilter is one of the largest manufacturers of longarm quilting machines in the industry. If you are interested in joining our team please email your resume along with a completed application for employment to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 801-294-3011. Please reference the position you are interested in.
Date Posted: April 23, 2015
Job Title: Product Tester
Handi Quilter, the worldwide leader in long-arm quilting machines and accessories has an
immediate, full-time Product Tester position available. Computer skills required,
quilting/sewing experience a plus. We are an innovative and quality driven company. We
pride ourselves in a great work environment and offer competitive salary and benefits. To
apply email resume to email@example.com.
The Handi Quilter Product Tester works as part of the Quality Assurance team at Handi Quilter
to ensure only the highest quality quilting machines and quilting products are being produced.
The Product Tester reports to the Director of Quality Assurance, but will work very closely
with the Engineering, Education, and Production teams during various phases of product
testing. Products being tested include new products, product updates, prototypes, and ongoing
testing of current products.
- Test new and existing Handi Quilter products as part of Handi Quilter’s ongoing Quality Assurance program
- Record detailed information regarding test findings
- Work with Engineering and Quality Assurance team members to provide detailed feedback on test results for new products, product updates, and existing products
- Help generate test strategies
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office products and Email
- Ability to operate a long arm quilting machine
- Ability to lift heavy equipment occasionally (up to 75 lbs.)
- Ability to stay focused on projects under minimal supervision
- Ability to work with and communicate with quilters and engineers
- Experience quilting with long-arm quilting machines
- Experience using bug-tracking software such as TFS, Mantis, etc.
- Previous Product Testing experience
Date Posted: March 20, 2015
Job Title: Territory Sales Manager
Handi Quilter, (HQ), the worldwide leader in long-arm quilting machines and accessories has an immediate, full-time Central Territory Sales Manager position available in the USA. Handi Quilter is an innovative company that provides quilters with the highest quality products and service. We pride ourselves in having a great work environment. We offer competitive salary and benefits. To apply email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ability to find, develop, and maintain new and existing retailers within the defined territory (territory includes but is not limited to Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, and Louisiana)
- Helps create and sponsor special sales events, educational events, and promotions throughout the territory by advising, coaching, and working with local HQ Reps and Accounts
- Participates in the set-up, operation, and tear-down of show booths run by Corporate or one of its authorized representatives
- Completes all required paperwork on a timely basis to manage the events, promotions, and shows authorized by HQ Representatives and accounts in the territory
- Required to complete and submit on a timely basis all expense reports, account reports, and other paperwork generated in the maintenance, management, and operation of the territory
- Returns all business telephone calls, emails, and correspondence in a timely and professional manner
- Provides specific information about accounts to other employees as needed to aid them in maintaining and working with those accounts
- Attends all Sales Team functions, meetings, and conferences as required
- May be required to perform any and all business duties that will aid in the proper management and development of business in the sewing and craft industry
- Required to dress in business casual or business formal attire during work hours and event participation
- Weekend work may be required for shows and/or events
- Professional attitude, demeanor, and language are expected at all times during the execution and participation in and during all work related activities
- Travel is 50 to 65 percent of this position
- Must be computer literate in basic computer operation, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience in multi-state territory management and sales a plus
- Knowledge of or participation in quilting a plus