Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Avante stitching issues and stitch regulation question.

Ok, I have adjusted the attention, changed the needle, rethread and I'm still breaking the thread. I'm using Superior Thread OMNI, what am I doing wrong? I also have issue with the stitch regulator when I'm doing designs that go up and down the machine jumps big stitches or doesn't move? I get needle walking error all the time, and sometimes it sounds like gears are grinding inside the throat area when this error happens! 've only had this machine two weeks!

Comments

• Lisad,

I am sorry that you are having problems with your tension and thread breaking. It could be that both your bobbin tension and your top tension are too tight. Loosen your bobbin tension slightly so the bobbin will stand up in your hand and slide quilckly down the thread like a spider on a web as you move your hand away. Once you have the bobbin set correctly then the adjustments will be on the top. The adjustments on the bobbin case are very small and the adjustments on the top tension are much larger. Sometimes you will not see any change in your tension until you have turned the top dial at least 3/4 of a revolution.

It sounds like your connection for the regulator is loose. Make sure all the plugs are pushed in completely. The problem you are having is with the "Y" encoder. This plug is on the left side, as you stand at the front of the machine. There is a black box that has a plug like a phone jack. Gently push that plug in.

If all your connections are nice and tight and you are still having problems please call our Technical Solutions team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MST.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator
  • I've done all the bobbin tension now my top tension is out of whack. Like big time....I have eye lashes everywhere.......ill look at the Y encoder in the morning...probably right before I call in....so frustrated
  • Lisad,

I am sorry that you are so frustrated. When you see eye lashes on the back of your quilt, it usually means that your thread is not flossed in the tension disks. Make sure you floss the thread as you are threading the machine. Remember that the adjustments on top are much larger than the adjustments on you bobbin case.

Please call our Education department at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 10-5 MST, and let us help you with your tension.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
  • What about perfect tension on back of quilt but slight eyelashes on front. Which tension is out of whack?
  • Martha,

If your bobbin tension is set correctly, and you have eyelashes on the top, the top tension is pulling the bobbin thread to the top so, you need to loosen the top tension. This will let the bobbin thread sink back down into the batting.

I have included a link for you to copy and paste that will help you remember which way to adjust your tension.

https://vw-handiquilter.storage.googleapis.com/uploads/2015/12/04/files/HQ-Troubleshooting-Tension-Infographic.pdf

Best regards,

Cheryl Duncan