Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Bobbin doesn't turn HQ Fusion

We put the bobbin in and snap it in place. When we pull the thread up through we aren't able to pull any more thread. Tension is set correctly. If I pull the lever on the bobbin case and just slightly move the case out the thread frees up. We start to sew and it pops back in and the bobbin quits turning. We have removed the needle plate and cleaned the area and it was oiled before starting.

Comments

• Lisaquilter,

I am sorry that you are having problems with your bobbin. Make sure you are using the bobbins sold by Handi Quilter. Does this happen with all your bobbins or is it just one? If it is just one it could be a bobbin that is just too big. If it is too big it will not allow the bobbin to rotate properly. Try a different bobbin and see if you are still having problems.

Check and make sure the bobbin is wound correctly that it is not spongey. If it is spongey place the bobbin in a jar and use the thread to rewind a new bobbin, you don't need to waste the thread.

Also make sure the thread is not falling off the bobbin and wrapping around the center post of the case. If that is happening take some thread off the bobbin before you use it. This can happen if the bobbin is too full.

If you need further help please call Handi Quilter at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MST. We would love to help you with this problem.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator

• Thanks for the reply. I figured it out last night. We had purchased 10 extra bobbins off of amazon. Two of them are a little wider and stick out of the cassette just a little. I have disposed of them. With the correct size bobbin we were back at it.