Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Clamps on Handi Quilters

I've had my Avante for one year now. Maybe quilted six quilts so far. And the clamps that the machine comes with are so flimsy that the hard rubber clip breaks. I see I can purchase replacement ones at $6 bucks EACH! Which is expensive to begin with. My question is why aren't these clamps metal or better made? Especially for the price you pay for the long arm? I don't want to pay $12 plus shipping for flimsy plastic clamps...
Anyone have a better recommendation for replacements? I've thought about Gammill claps, but I have to find a dealer.. I don't want a dealer I just want good clamps!!!!.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Lisad,

I am sorry that you are having problems with your clamps. Handi Quilter previously used a metal clamp and found that it was hard for a lot of quilters to use because it was so hard to squeeze together. It also added extra weight to the sides of the quilt and it made them sag. This is why we went to the plastic clamps for the side of the quilt.

Please contact our Customer Relations team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MST and speak to them about your problem with the clamps.

Best regards,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator
  • Customer relations was no help, she said sorry that's all they have.
  • Lisad,

I am sorry that happened to you. Please call Vicki Hoth at 1-801-335-0833 or 1-877-697-8458 ext. 113. She will help you with this issue.

Best regards,

Cheryl Duncan

• Thank you, Cheryl I reached out to Vicki today. She was super helpful .
  • Lisad,

Glad she was able to help you.

Best regards,

Cheryl Duncan