Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Avante is tightening up
  • When I first got my machine, didn't matter how I was quilting, freehand,pantograph groovy board.....machine would glide across the quilt so smooth........I have noticed on the past 3-4 quilts it's tightening up in the middle,very hard to keep a pretty stitch regardless of how I am quilting......it's like something is holding on to the machine and won't let it move smoothly. I checked the belly bar buttons, clear of that, cleaned tracks and machine wheels........any suggestions or ideas what this could be? It's the area of the center legs. Machine hasn't been moved since I set it up.
  • Katn,

Check around your wheels and see if by any chance you have some threads wrapped around the wheel. This can make your machine feel like it is in control, not you. Use a pin to run around your wheels and work any thread that is in there out. Make sure you check all 8 wheels. Check the wheels that run on the carriage and clean them out too. Also, check your cables in the back and make sure they are not getting caught on anything.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator