Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Quilting Forum
  • Is there an area on this site just for quilting questions for the new long-armer? Most questions that I see here are technical/support questions. I would like to ask this: if you plan to do your borders later or even off the machine should you stitch in the ditch around the body of the quilt?
  • Kathleen,

If you want to do the borders of your quilt later then, yes you would want to stabilize them. Quilt the body of the quilt and then each time you advance the quilt stitch in the ditch and continue to quilt. This way your quilt is completely stabilized and you can go back and quilt your borders later.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator
  • I too need information. I am totally new to quilting and don't know how to do blocks. How do I program my Prostitcher or just do one at a time.
  • Graciela,
    Welcome to quilting. There are many places for education. Start with the DVD's that came with your Pro-Stitcher. On our website under Education we have videos, webinars and downloadable tutorials. I recommend that you go through the above and practice. I hope this helps.

Good luck
    Angie Balling
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator