Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Loose Stitches
  • Hi, I have 2 Fusions, and one of them is new...the other I have been running for 3 years. On my new Fusion, I developed a thread problem that I can't seem to correct. When my Fusion is stitching some of the stitches look a little shaky (not in a perfect straight line..one stitch looks to the left and the other is off to the right a bit) and every foot or so one or two of the stitches are loose, like there is a small loop. I need to pull the stitches around to have the thread loop lay flat so its not apparent. I have re-threaded my machine many times, I have cleaned bobbin area and tension disk area. I have even switched out the bobbin case and tried to slow my machine down. I have replaced the needle and made sure the needle is in correctly and moved the needle between 6:30 and 6:00. Checked the tension on the bottom bobbin and on the top. Checked for anything caught, ran a nylon through all the areas to make sure there were no burrs. I am not sure what else to try. Any Suggestions.
  • oh and I am using King Tut non verigated thread and So Fine 50wt on bottom
  • Debby,

Check your needle and make sure that it is all the way up in the needle bar. If it is all the way up please call our Technical Solutions team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MST.

Thank you,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educators
  • I had the same thing and Cheryl recommended getting the timing checked. That was it! Fixed it in no time!
  • Can we fix the timing ourselves?
  • Marciabobarcia,
    We recommend that you go to your rep and have them re time your machine.

Thank You,

Angie Balling
    Handi Quilter
    Studio Educator