Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Thread Break Sensor
  • Is it possible that the thread break sensor is too sensitive for use with invisible thread?

I am doing a series of blocks using invisible on the top and polyester thread on the bottom. The tension is adjusted real nice (a huge relief after my experience with the yellow thread) but the thread break sensor keeps going off.

At first, I just restarted without doing anything else, but that only worked a couple of times and the computer froze needing a restart.

In the end, I just disabled the sensor and things are proceeding fabulously.

Gudmund
    Still new at this.
  • Gudmund,
    You are doing a great job, soon you will not be so new at it. The thread sensor is affected by the small wire on your tension assembly, as it moves past the turquoise circle on your machine.
    The invisible thread requires less tension. I am guessing the spring was not moving past that dot and therefore your alarm was going off. It was smart of you to disable the alarm.

Happy Quilting,

Angie Balling
    Handi Quilter
    Studio Educator