Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

machine has mind of it's own
  • After the bobbin thread has come up and the stitches are locked the machine takes off on it's own. Any idea how to correct this from happening. I replaced the power supply two months ago. I have tried removing the bulbs and nothing changes. Please help.
  • Quiltrider,

It sounds like you are using the HQ Pro-Stitcher. You can adjust the Pro-Stitcher so it will pause after the tie-offs. You can make that change in Settings. You can find the instructions for this in section 8.3-8.5 in the User Manual. The User Manual is on our website under downloads.

If you are not using the Pro-Stitcher then we need need to know which machine you are using.

Please let us know so we can help you. You can either post your answers here or call Handi Quilter and speak with someone in our company, at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MST,

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator
  • Yes, I am using the HQ Pro-Stitcher. After I line up where I want to start stitching, set the home, and begin stitching, that is where my problem is happening. The bobbin thread is drawn to the top and the tie-off stitch is done and the machine just wanders on its own. I stop the machine by hitting the emergency stop button. It is not the tie-off setting. The problem arises after the tie-off. I am using the HQ 16. Your hours are very difficult for a person that works full-time. It would be nice if you had an evening or weekend number. I would appreciate any ideas you might have.

Thanks
  • Dear Quiltrider,
    We would like to help you, but first we need information. If you will please let us know what version of HQ Pro-Stitcher you have.

Thanks,
    Angie Balling
  • I have hq 2.1.03.
    It was working fine more than 3/4 of the way through the quilt. It started at the beginning of a new row.

Thank you
  • Quiltrider,

We need to know the version of your HQ Pro-Stitcher. The numbers that you gave us are the numbers for your actual HQ Sixteen.

You can find the version of your Pro-Stitcher under Settings. Then go into Advanced, then About. The latest version is 14.01.0043. If you haven't downloaded the latest update I would recommend that you do.

You can always call our Customer Relations team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MDT.

Thank you,

Cheryl Duncan