Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Carriage Wheels
  • Is it normal for the carriage wheels to ride at different heights on the black track? Some of the wheels seem to be low on the track and then the wheels right behind it are very high on the black track. Do these wheels ever get adjusted by loosening or tightening the bolt that holds them on? Also, all eight wheels are not on the track sometimes. When I move from back to front all of a sudden it shifts from being on some wheels to others as the machine applies weight. Is this right? I'm so frustrated I'd send this machine back in a minute if I had the option.
  • Missellie58,

If you are having a problem with your machine feeling like it is shifting forward it may be that your tracks are not set up correctly and you may need to adjust your tracks. This is easy to do and the instructions are in the owners manual for the table and frame set up. If your don't have your instruction book you can find it on the Handi Quilter website. It is under Downloads, Use Manuals then click on Frames and Tables and then the instructions you need are for the Studio Frame. The sections that you need to look at are 5-8 and 5-9.

It is not uncommon for one or two of the wheels to be off the track, they all do not touch the track at all times, but you should not feel the weight shift as you move the machine.

You also mentioned that you were getting a loop of thread every once in a while. Try tightening up your top tension slightly. Also, if it is happening as you are going around a curve try slowing down a little. If your timing was out you would see more than an occasional loop.

If you have more questions about your timing or table you can call our Technical Solutions team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F 8-5 MST. We are more than willing to help you.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator