Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

17 Inch BLock
  • I am trying to do a frame block on an antique quilt in which the blocks are 17 inches tall and 16.5 inches wide. I rotated it so that the start point and a new end point are within the top portion of the block. However following the instructions from the webinar when I reach the end point and then drop the needle and roll the quilt to get to the second part of the block after pressing end point the design reverts to the original design file very tiny in the corner. I verify the start and end points are correct and press run and the quilt does not move to the current needle position but way down the block. I tried again using the second method in the instructions. I quilt the top half press half stitch and advance my quilt. I press quilt, reposition (but the reposition doesn't always come up as an option)I press current point and again the design moves completely off the screen even pressing refresh does not bring it back and the machine is not in the correct position even though the start and end points are correct. I am most frustrated I have spent most of the morning taking out stitches.
  • Jisrael,

I am sorry that you are having problems getting your block quilted. If you will send us your email address we will send you some written instructions that will help you.

Thank you,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator
  • jhisrael@comcast.net

Thank you so very much I have twenty of these 17 inch blocks to do and right now I have a vicious headache since I have been working on this for three hours and still do not have one block done

Jane
  • Cheryl I got your email but there were no instructions atatched.

Thanks
    Jane
  • I would love a copy of your instructions, too! I have the very same problem with ending & trying to start at the correct spot on the next row.
  • Jscanlon,

It sounds like you are looking for the instructions for Edge to Edge quilting and advancing your quilt not quilting an oversized block. These instructions can be found on the Handi Quilter website under Education, HQ Pro-Stitcher tutorials. I think the one you want is number 7 on the right hand side "Quilt Layout Edge to Edge".

If it is the oversized block you want please send us your email address and we will send it to you.

Thank you,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator