Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Handi Quilter Sixteen Sit Down for sale in Central Texas
  • HandiQuilter Sixteen Sit-down for sale in Central Texas.

My HandiQuilter is the traditional sixteen sit-down machine that preceded the Sweet Sixteen. It was manufactured in 2010. It does not have a stitch regulator or the ability to add a stitch regulator. It's very easy to use and I don't need a stitch regulator to make pretty stitches. I think the Tru-Stitch that was made for the Sweet Sixteen is cumbersome to use, so it wasn't a deal breaker for me. If you go to the sewingmachinesplus.com site and look up the HandiQuilter Sixteen Sit-Down (I think they may refer to it as the traditional sit-down) you can see the specifications. If you want to purchase a frame, this can also be used as a stand-up machine.

It comes with the table and overlay, lots of bobbins and needles, the HandiQuilter VersaTool, the line-tamer ruler, gloves and two feet (open toe and closed toe). It also has a separate electric bobbin winder.

I'm asking $2,950 OBO for it. I want to sell it to someone in the central Texas area so that they can come to my house and try it out and see what a wonderful machine it is. I'll get it checked out, cleaned and tuned up again right before I sell it. I live in Round Rock, which is just north of Austin. I love this machine, but I found a great deal on a pre-owned Bernina 830 with embroidery module at my LSQ. Since it has a 12 inch throat, I'm hoping that I can use it for quilting as well.

Feel free to call me at 512-560-9402 with questions.
    Terri
  • You aren't willing to ship it somewhere?
  • I have the boxes and I'll ship it if someone is willing to pay shipping costs. I just thought it would be too expensive. I also wanted to show the new owner how to use it. My zip code is 78681 if you want to check out shipping costs.m
  • This machine has just over 1 million stitches, which is very low for a quilting machine. The lady at the quilt shop where it was cleaned said its in perfect condition. Make a reasonable offer!