Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Couching problems
  • I have bought the new couching feet and installed in onto my Sweet Sixteen. I tried it after watching videos and made sure my wool was loose but every now and then it did not catch when sewing. I did try a fine cotton but that would not catch at all so assume you need a thicker ply of cotton/wool to use. I tried a different foot but that did not catch at all so went back to the smaller foot and as I said with the thicker wool it did sew but every now and then it did not so was very frustrating. The tension on the sewing machine was okay as I checked that before starting the couching. What can I do to correct this or what am I doing wrong?
  • Lovequilts,

When you are using the couching feet you want to use the correct size foot, you don't want a lot of drag on the thread or have the thread catch as you are pulling it through the foot. Make sure your thread is plenty loose and stitch a little slower.

If it is skipping spots as you are stitching then your thread needs to be looser. Make sure you really have a nice pool of thread on your quilt as your are couching.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator