Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

• I would like to know what you all like using in your bobbins. I like using a variety of threads and just cant seem to get the top and bottom set just right. I waist so much thread is drives me crazy. By the time I am ready to quilt I got most of the bobbin thread used. Just would like some ideas on what people do to get there set.
  • I like to use superiors bottom Line and so fine #50 in my bobbin in a color to match my backing.I set the bobbin tension first and then I put whatever on for a top thread and start adjusting the top tension. I don't seem to have much trouble.
  • Thanks so much Saydee, I was using the bottom line and it worked like a dream. Guess I will just have to invest in the colors to match. It seems that the bottom line worked well before, so I guess I should stick to it. I just wanted that King Tut to match what I was putting on the back and it was the only color at the time I could find to match. I really appreciate your input
  • I've also tried Wonderfil's Decobob which works quite well in the bobbin thread
  • I've used Omni. Doesn't seem to matter. Still having problems.
  • Carolyn, I've used Omni on top and Bottom Line in the bobbin. Haven't had any problems with that combination.
    Omni is a Tex-30, 40wt., and might be too thick for the bobbin. Try a 60 wt. in your bobbin. Good luck.