Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Avante thread break warning
  • I am encountering a problem with the thread break warning message coming up when there is no thread break on the bobbin or top thread. The machine will continue to stitch. I have tried a new bobbin and rethreading the machine but encounter the same problem.

The tension appears to be perfect, with teh loops burried in the batting. I am using King Tut varigated theads in both top and bottom. I can turn off the sound and continue stitching, but I was wondering if others had experienced this.
    The problem happened once before, a couple weeks ago then disappeared. Now it is back.
  • I should have said I hava a Fusion. Not an Avante
  • I've had problems with my tension, also. It will stitch just fine and then on the back the bobbin thread will float a ways and back to stitching okay. I purchased a bobbin tension guage and that has helped a little. I've changed needle size per the chart I printed off of Superior Threads website. I mostly use King Tut thread. I'm wondering if it is my timing? The machine seems to make a lot of noise. I think a training class or webinar on how to fix our timing would be great. It's kind of hard to take the machine off the frame when you are in the middle of a quilt, and live about 200 miles from your dealer.
  • I'm new at quilting and I've been trying to quilt with my Advante.
    However, I keep having issues with the stitching. The stitches will look good, then they float on the top, then they go back to looking good and again float on the top.
    Also, thread will be fine, then it shreds and breaks, then it will be fine, then it happens over again.
    I've threaded and rethreaded to be sure I've done it correctly. I've adjusted the tension over and over, I've flossed my thread through the tension disc and watched the webinars TNT over and over.
    The Advante I used, prior to purchasing this one, didn't have these issues at all.

Any help and/or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

• Dear Dorjacbarr,
    I am sorry that you are having difficulty with your stitches. There are a few variables that might be contributing to your problem.
    Make sure you clean out the bobbin area and bobbin case thoroughly. If the problem persists and you have the tension set correctly it could be the type of thread, fabric or that you have the quilt to tight.
    If you need assistance please call our Technical Solutions team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MDT.

Thank You,
    Angie Balling
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator