Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

long stitches
  • I have long stitches now,it started with only long stitches in a curve but now it is all stitches. I did run out of bobbin thread and after this change is when I started having this problem. I have tried to adjust the tension but I guess I just don't know how to go about it. I am almost to the point of selling this aggravating machine. Someone HELP!!! I have a quilt on the machine that must be finished by Thursday! FRUSTRATED!!
  • You may have accidentally changed the amount of stitches per inch. For most quilting I use 10 per inch. The lower the number, the longer the stitches.
  • Sorry, forgot to add that I tend to accidentally do that when switching in and out of regulated mode. My machine is 7 years old so it has an older version of stitch regulator.
  • Cheryl,
    Thank you so much! The stitch regulator wheel did have a lint build up, cleaned it and stitching beautifully except now my upper thread is breaking about every 10 inches. I've changed the needle, re-threaded, cleaned bobbin....what should I do now? It seems like I get one thing fixed and then something else goes haywire. I know with experience I'll be able to figure out these issues but for now it's frustrating. HELP AGAIN!!