Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Pro Stitcher Problem
  • Help! I finished up a quilt and realized that the beginning of one row had very funky tension, then it corrected itself. I picked out the stitches that needed to be redone, and reloaded the quilt. Since I had saved the entire quilt pattern (thank you Vicki Hoth for your webinar) it wasn't hard to get everything lined up and the new start and stop points picked out. I'm stitching at 10 stitches per inch, and decided to slow the speed WAY down so I'd be in control of the situation. Well, the Pro Stitcher takes those first micro stitches, then it keeps stitching tiny little stitches and doesn't change up to the 10 stitches per inch. Any idea what's going on?
    Liz
  • Thanks so much Cheryl. I put some practice fabric on the frame and practiced a bit. Once I increased the speed a little, everything worked out, but I'm glad to know about the 3-5 percent. If this situation happens again, I'd prefer to sew slower than I did this time, and now I know what to do.

LIz