Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

HQ Fusion timing
  • If you would like to know how to time your Fusion its not hard at all. I can pass on how to if you would like to get ahold of me.

Jim
  • The hook/needle spacing was off on my Fusion. I was shreading my top thread (mainly polys) which caused bad stitches, breakage and clumps of thread on the back side of quilt. My HQ tech worked on my machine, but the results weren't much improvement. After watching him work plus a couple of You-Tube videos (on similar, but not HQ machines) I was confident that I had nothing to loose in trying it myself. Turns out it is not hard and a little patience resulted in much better performance. I too would be happy to help with what I have learned.
  • hi joefiler,
    Can you tell me how you got the timimg right? I understand the needle should be down all the way, the raise it 2.2mm. Is that right?
    BillFoote
  • Is there any way to get a copy of the service manual and tools to do the timing myself. My husband is an engineer retired and he says if he had the specs and 2.2mm part he knows he could do it. It is costing us $300. in travel and labor everytime it jumps time. Does anyone replace the timing belt when you do the re timing??? I just simply must find a way to resolve this problem. HELP.