Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tie Off after designing Stitch in the Ditch via Pro Stitcher
  • I created a Stitch in the Ditch for a block with 4 seams that needed to be ditch stitched. It tied off correctly at the start point and after each of the jump stitches but I can't seem to figure out how to make it tie off at the end. In my settings, I have the start and end tie-offs set the same...it works using the pulldown designs but I can't seem to make it tie off at the end when I created this ditch stitch design.

Can you tell me what step I missed that is keeping it from doing the last tie-off?

Thanks
    Leigh
  • Cheryl, thanks for the note. On the first quilt I stitched, I ended up manually ending the stitches at the end of each of the 30 blocks. This morning I put the 2nd quilt on the machine and the solution occurred to me......just end with a jump stitch even though I'm not going to jump anywhere. It worked! The stitch is locked down and I can program the next set of blocks. FYI......the blocks are actually circles made from strips and I needed to stitch in the ditch on each of the 4 seams in the 30 blocks.

I love this feature on the Pro-Stitcher.....there was NO WAY I was going to manually stitch in the ditch 120 times on each quilt! Just let the machine do it for me and end up with nice straight, beautiful lines.