Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Heavy thread build up when cropping out for quilting around applique
  • Hi. Love the new Pro-stitcher upgrade. When I am doing background fill quilting in an area around an applique, after having cropped out the applique shape using the multipoint area/crop technique, I get a heavy thread build up around the applique as the machine travels around the applique back and forth to complete the pattern. Its pretty unattractive. Can you think of what I might be doing wrong to make this happen? Otherwise, have not had any problems with the new pro-stitcher after some reasonable trial and error. Thanks.
  • Dear Late Bloomer,
    I'm glad you love the HQ Pro-Stitcher. If you do not like the stitching around your applique you can use an open crop. Instead of stitching around your design it will make jumps. You will have to decide what works for you.
    Good luck and happy quilting.

Angie Balling
    Handi Quilter
    Studio Educator
  • Thanks, I can see now how that would work. Just trim the jump threads after stitching then.