Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

top thread wrapping around back bobbin area
  • Hi, I have a fusion 24. I broke a needle and after I replaced it, making sure the needle was in correctly, the thread gets stuck on the bobbin. Ends up with thread wrapped around the place you put the bobbin in... Which way are we suppose to turn the front hand wheel to having the machine going the right way. It looks like the upper thread isn't going into the 'hooks' to snag the lower thread.. then the thread (upper) goes over and around the case the bobbin case goes into. But maybe I'm turning it backwards.
  • Sounds like your timing is off and the thread is winding around the entire assembly. You will probably have to take it to a dealer to have it re-timed. Greg at HQ is really good at trying to help over the phone.
  • Dear Lee,
    It does sound like the timing could be off. Please give Handi Quilter Technical Solutions a call 877-697-8458. M-F, 8 am to 5 pm MDT.

Good Luck,
    Angie Balling
    Handi Quilter
    Studio Educator