Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Hopping Foot on a Fusion 24
  • My hopping foot has stopped moving. Fortunately, it is in the up position. Two questions: 1) are there any safety (damage to machine or quilt) issues in continuing to stitch in this condition, and 2) are there any user procedures I can perform to determine if this is an adjustment problem or a broken part?

Thanks,
    Tim
  • Hi Tim,
    Sorry to hear about your hopping foot, unfortunately, using the machine without the hopping foot moving will probably result in a lot of skipped stitches in your quilt. The problem sounds like the hopping foot lever has somehow come off of the hopping block, and to fix this the machine's front cover will need to be taken off and have this repaired. I would recommend taking the machine into your local rep to have this looked at and even have them service and re-time the machine while it's there (usually there is a traumatic event like hitting a ruler, snagging the hopping foot on the quilt or something like this to cause this to happen, which can also throw your machine out of timing). If you have any other questions, please let us know and we will try to help as much as best we can!

Thanks!
    ~Ty, Handi Quilter Tech Solutions