Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Avante 18 Skipped Stitches
  • I am experiencing multiple skipped stitches, usually when stitching away, soon after the stitch is skipped the thread then shreds and breaks. I have tried all combinations of the usual solutions, what else can I do.
  • Suesutch,

This problem often occurs when your needle distance has to much clearance. When you are sewing away from yourself, the needle is also getting "pushed away" from the hook causing enough of a gap for the thread to miss the hook, and when the gap closes on the thread, it shreds your thread. This problem can be easily remedied by taking it to your local HQ rep. and having the machine Re-timed and serviced (I would also mention that you are having some problems with the skipping and shredding to let them know the timing is out far enough for this to occur). If you have any other concerns, please let us know. Thanks!

~Ty, Handi Quilter Tech Solutions