Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

How to use Multi-Point for wonky borders
  • Many times my borders are wonky, for whatever reason, sometimes it's the piecing, sometimes because I reload the quilt after doing top and bottom borders, anyway, I need step by step directions for using Multi-point for setting my border pattern into the wonky area. I get my pattern loaded and sized, then using Muti-point, going clockwise from bottom left marking each corner. Go to skew, but my pattern will not pop into the area. So I must be missing a step some place. Hope you can help me!!
  • JuJuQuilts,

When you are planning on turning your quilts to do the borders make sure that you stabilize the sides of the quilt as you are quilting, each time you roll. This will help keep your borders even so they are straight when you turn your quilt.

When you use the Multi-Point function, make sure you are only hitting Multi-Point 4 times. You don't go back to where you started. After creating your area, if the area and design don't come together press the Refresh button. That should bring the two together.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator