Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Stitch Regulator
  • I have a HQ 16. My stitch regulator is not running smoothly. It will run but only if I go slow once I start to pick up speed it wont pick up speed and almost seems to want to stop. I have checked all my cables and even unplugged and replugged them back in to be sure they were sucure. What next should I try before taking it to be serviced? Help.
  • Beckyj72,

I am sorry you are having problems with your stitch regulator. There are a couple of things you can check. First, make sure that the black encoder wheel is in contact with the track the entire length of the track. If not then you will need to adjust it so it does contact the track. If you have been using a pounce chalk or just happen to have a dust build on on your tracks it can get on the black encoder wheel and prevent it from making good contact with the track. Clean it off and try again.

If this doesn't help please contact our Technical Solutions team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MDT. They will be able to help you.

Thank you,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator