Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Top Thread Breaking
  • Hi, I recently bought a used HQ Sixteen. I have it all set up and quilting. However, it goes for awhile and then the top thread breaks. Where do I start?
  • Hang in there, someone can help you. I too bought a used HQ16. Sews like a dream. Some of my problems have been tension. Superior Threads has a tension guide to go with a TOWA bobbin guage. This guide has really helped me.
  • Thank you both! I will do some studying and watching the video to see if I can get it figured out!
  • I have problems whenever I use King Tut or YLI with my machine. Even if I change the needle to an 18, so I use Superiors Omni thread, Permacore and/or MaxiLock serger thread. Along with loosening the tension, having the right needle in and using a thread that is friendly to your machine will surely fix the problem. Let us know if you have continued issues.
  • I got it All working! The TNT video was awesome! It works like a charm?