Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Should I purchase Pro-stitcher?
  • This will be my first longarm machine and was wondering if I should just buy the just the Avante or the Avante
    with the Pro-stitcher package?
  • I am also new to long arm quilting. I went with just the Avante 18 without the Pro Stitcher mainly due to cost. This also forced me to practice skills that can't be done with the Pro Stitcher. This was a good choice for me not to have a lot invested in case I decided this wasn't for me. So far I LOVE it! Plan on adding the Pro Stitcher later, I want the micro bars first. I have had a great time with free motion quilting.
  • I purchased my Avante without ProStitcher. I spent 2 years doing free motion on quilts and so glad I did. I really needed to learn how to use the machine. I have added the ProStitcher and love it but I still do free motion quilting. I felt that everything at once would be too overwhelming for me. Glad I have both now!
  • I would start without the ProStitcher. You can add it later if you want to go further.
  • Ian selling my Avante Pro Stitcher iEI monitor. It comes with 184 Pre programmed patterns. I up graded to the Art and Stitch monitor.