Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

There is a different way for loading the top?
  • I have never seen anything but creating the straight line then basting it down. Pinning it to a roller is an option? I wish there were a book on this.....I am not even sure how you would unload a quilt once it's quilted or turn it to do the borders. I am sure many of us could use some reference material. I have 5 Quilts Of Valor to quilt and I am so scared I am going to load it wrong once I get to the comfort point of quilting these.
  • Visit Kimmy Brunner's blog - she has articles on loading, squaring up and turning quilts. http://afabricplayground.blogspot.ca/
    Melanie
  • By the way, unloading is the easiest part, once you are done, unpin the bottom of the backing,or if you have something like red snappers, pull off the bottom snappers, unroll the quilt from the take up bar and away you go.
  • Katn,

We have a video on loading your quilt on the handiquilter website. If you go to the Education tab then click on Videos, scroll down and you will find a section titled General Education. Under that section there is a video titled Loading your Quilt. This should help you in loading your quilt.

Good Luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator