Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Sweet 16 tension keeps changing
  • I have a Sweet 16 and after watching the HQ videos feel like I know to how to set the tension. When I start stitching, it looks good for a while and the the tension gets off kilter again. I have to stop and reset the tension. This happens over and over. Is this just a glitch with the Sweet 16 or am I missing something?
  • I have a Sweet 16 and after watching the HQ videos feel like I know to how to set the tension. When I start stitching, it looks good for a while and the the tension gets off kilter again. I have to stop and reset the tension. This happens over and over. Is this just a glitch with the Sweet 16 or am I missing something?
  • Can you talk with your representative? Or contact HQ for help?
  • Beenec,

I am sorry you are having problems with your tension. Check your bobbin and make sure that it is wound correctly. It should not be spongy, it should be firm. If it is not firm then try re-winding a new bobbin. It should rotate in a clockwise direction as you pull the thread out of the bobbin case.

If you are using a slippery thread it could be falling out of the tension disks. If it is falling out then tighten your tension disks a little more.

Also, if you are using a linty thread you could be getting a build up of lint under the "j" hook on your bobbin case, or even lint between your tension disks. Make sure everything is cleaned out and that the hook on the bobbin case is in the slot on the side where it should be.

If this doesn't help please call our Technical Solutions Team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5.

Thanks,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator