Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Bobbin Case Cost
  • I have been reading all the posts regarding the bobbin case and am wondering if I may have a faulty bobbin case due to all the problems with tension - Even after I know I have the tension set correctly, it sews fine for a little while and then slowly gets out of what again. I looked at the products site to see how much a new bobbin case is - $76.00!!! Are you kidding me?? Why so much?
  • Dear beenec,
    Let me address your last question first. There are only a few manufacturers of bobbin cases in the world. Handi Quilter uses the highest quality, hand-built bobbin cases, which we believe are worth every penny of their cost.

Your description of a bobbin case that sews fine for little while and slowly getting out of whack sounds to me like lint build-up under the tension spring on the outside of the bobbin case. Some people call this the "J-hook". (It's shaped like a J.) Take a business card and swipe it under the spring. I'll bet you'll find lint. If not, give your HQ rep a call. You shouldn't have this problem.
  • I also was having trouble with tension. Finally bite the bullet and paid the $75.oo for new bobbin case. I can't believe the difference. My tension is so much better and am not fighting it every 5 minutes. As far as I am concerned it was worth the $ for me.
  • Finally read your comment from July, BlueQuilt. It's good to know that a new bobbin will possibly solve my problems. If so, then I'm happy to pay the $ for less frustration..