Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

vertical borders
  • Is it possible to make vertical borders on the pro stitcher or do I have to reload the quilt and another question when I do edge to edge rows and I have to make a new start point( bobbin finish) I have a problem at the next row, when I start the pro stitcher wants to start where I changed the bobbin, I must forget something?
  • Go to downloads on the Handi Quilter website and download the ProStitcher Getting Started guide. There are instructions in the chapter "How to find a new start point after the thread breaks". Follow the steps to the letter and you will be able to reposition at the proper start point. I think in one of the webinars or tutorials there are instructions on vertical borders as well, but I don't recall which one.
  • lisabethydesen,

When you change your start point after a thread break you need to put your start point back in the original position. You can only have one start point. Just follow the tutorial that is on handiquilter.com, under Downloads, Pro-Stitcher Tutorials, on the right hand side number 8 is the one on Creating New Start Point and End Point. You can download this from the center of the screen.

If you will send me your email I will send you some instructions on how to chunk a border. You can send it to me at duncanc@handiquilter.com.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator

• Thanks for answer, I have tryed to mail you, but didn´t succed, it´s comming back, can you write me mail again?
  • lisbethydesen,

You can send your email address to duncanc@handiquilter.com or you can just post it here on the forum. I will watch both places for your response.

Thanks,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator