Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

ISO Handi Quilter Sweet 16
  • I am helping a friend find a gently used Sweet 16. We live in Houston, Texas and she would prefer to purchase a machine in the area of Houston or cities close to Houston. She is a member of a local quilt guild that makes charity quilts.

Looking forward to any replies.
  • Hi Kathy. If you haven't found a Sweet 16 yet, I'm in Austin and I'm selling mine. I bought it two years ago and have rarely used it (not because I don't love it, but because I haven't had the time to quilt all those tops lined up and waiting). I'm only selling it due to divorce. It does not have a stitch regulator (I'm not crazy about the TruStitch and do just fine without it). I'm asking $3900 for the machine, 2 tables (yes, two!), electric bobbin winder, extra bobbins, extra needles, 2 feet (open & closed-toe), tools, manual, and gloves.
  • Micki,

I am helping a friend find a gently used machine. Please email me your phone number so I can have her call you. She is very interested!

Thanks,
    Kathy
  • Hi Kathy. I sent you my number, just wanted to make sure you got it.
  • Hi Kathy. I have an older HQ Sixteen sit down machine without stitch regulation if your friend has not purchased one yet. I live over in Leesville (Fort Polk) Louisiana...which is about 3 hrs from Houston. I'm selling it for $1500. I actually purchased it from someone in Houston area about a year ago. I'm wanting to upgrade to a larger longarm with a frame and stitch regulation, so I have to sell this one first to start my fund! It's in great shape and I've only used it a few times myself. My e-mail is jennyclark1@live.com if you or your friend would like more info and/or photos. Thanks.

Jenny