Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Bobbin issues
  • I have only had my avante for a few weeks but I am having trouble with the bobbin. I get the tension right some of the time but it seems difficult to get the bobbin case loaded. Is this usually an issue when new? My top tension looks good but bottom goes from good to straight lines with no stitch detail.
    Also what am I missing on the bobbin winder...most times the bobbin doesn't spin?
  • Dear Kmrchr, Please contact your local Handi Quilter rep for a replacement bobbin case. Our vendor sent a few bobbin cases to us that were slightly oversized, so they are difficult to place in the machine. We would be happy to swap you. If your local rep doesn't have one on hand, you are welcome to give us a call at 1-877-697-8458.

With regard to the bobbin winder, please look at the pin that holds the bobbin. There is a slit in the end of the pin. Place a flat-headed screwdriver into the slide and gently turn the screwdriver to spread the slit apart. This will make the bobbin fight more tightly and stop spinning. There are instructions for this in the instructions that came with your bobbin winder.

I'm sorry that you have had these two problems. I hope these answers can help you solve them quickly.

Best regards,
    Brenda Groelz
    Director of Marketing & Education
    Handi Quilter, Inc.
  • Thanks Brenda, I will check with my rep tomorrow.
    I'll try the fix on the bobbin winder too.