Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Backing up designs
  • Your manual advises backing up designs, but I can't figure out how to do it on Windows 8 which came with my Avante. (I don't love Windows 8!) Could I just buy another thumb drive with the designs on it?
  • Donnareppo,

You can purchase a USB with the designs on from Handi Quilter, however you can take the USB that came with your HQ Pro-Stitcher and copy them onto your desktop and load them onto another USB stick.

When you purchase the HQ Pro-Stitcher the designs come loaded on the computer and you get the USB with the designs on.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator
  • Oops! I just sent another e-mail asking this same question before I saw the response on the forum. I will definitely back up the thumb drive that came with the machine. In my e-mail I had another question about aligning vertical borders that I would like an answer to. Thanks.
  • Donnareppo,

The Forum questions and your e-mails don't go to the same place. If you will post your question about vertical borders here on the Forum we will be glad to help you.

Thank you,

Cheryl Duncan
  • Is there a way to align vertical borders by using the x-y coordinates? I am "close, but no cigar" on my vertical borders. Today I drew a line on the left side of each vertical border with an erasable blue pen, and this seems to work pretty well to specify the area (which I type in, so that it is consistent each time). I am also experimenting with turning off the automatic pull up and tie off buttons, and positioning my needle right where the previous border ended, then pulling up the bobbin thread manually and burying it in the batting. But it seems that there should be a better, more accurate system.
  • Donnareppo,

You are on the right track. If you will send me your e-mail address I will send you some instructions.

Thank you,

Cheryl Duncan

• I sure appreciate your help on getting my vertical borders aligned more precisely. My e-mail address is Donnareppo@gmail.com. Thanks!