Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Prostitcher Problem and a Bobbin Case Question
  • I have two things to ask about. First, I am very new to the Prostitcher and, following the tutorials, am easily able to move the start and end points...the design stitches at the start point but, even though the end point is clearly shown, it stitches past it. I repeated this with four different designs with the same result. One person posted on the Prostitcher Yahoo group that she had the same problem. Any idea what is happening and why it doesn't work?

Second, I bought a replacement HQ bobbin case and it seems like something is not right with it. I have to literally force it into the machine and then I can't get the tension set right so I put it aside. Could it be defective?
    thanks
    Margaret
  • Mlwilburn,

What version of software are you using? If it is not 13.08.0033 that was released on 8/12/2013 please update your software. This will solve the problem you are having.

Please call our Customer Relations team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5. They will be able to help you with the issue you are having with your bobbin case.

Thank you,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator

• I have also had the same problem with the Pro-Stitcher not stopping at a New End point. I was doing a vertical border, set the end point by pushing the Stop Auto button twice, stitched design, and my Avante ran into the poles. AHHHH. Emergency Stop!

I rebooted the Pro-Stitcher hoping to reset everything, went to the right border, set it up carefully with the New End Point clearly set about 1 inch above the poles (a little buffer zone), stitched out the design, and the same thing happened, it stitched past the end point and into the pole. Another Emergency Stop!

I have the current update 13.08.0033 with the Acer Iconia Tab w500 (the black tablet with Windows 7). I am not sure what to do. I would go back to the June update, but I don't want to revert to the old version prior to June.

I have done many vertical borders, and did not have any issues prior to the August update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    chris
  • Chris,

I am sorry that you are having problems with your HQ Pro-Stitcher. When you are doing a vertical border use your "Follow" button to check the placement of your design. Then you will know if you are too close to your poles.

We have not seen the problem of stitching through the end point of the design. If you are still having problems with this will you please call our Technical Solutions team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MDT.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
  • I am having the same won't stop for the new end point problem with my brand new Pro Stitcher/Fusion system. I have the version 13.08.0033 software.

Until a solution is found (and the software is updated) I will have my stylus poised over the pause button as the machine gets close to where I have the new end point set. It always eventually stops sewing and I only need to pull out an inch or so of stitches to get back to where I wanted it to end.

I will keep my eye on this forum in hopes of an earlier solution.
  • Gudmund,

I am sorry that you are having problems with your machine stopping at the correct point. Please contact our Technical Solutions team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MDT. They will be able to help you.

Thank you,

Cheryl Duncan