Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Avante 18 grinding noise coming from the top of machine
  • Hello, I bought a slightly used machine from a dealer who is a Long arm quilter. She is quite helpful. However, we are stumped. I have been quilting along swimmingly with all manner of conditions and thread but now I have what I call a grinding noise. When my sister is running the machine and I stand on the back I and put my ear to the head of the machine it seems to come from the area above and inside, behind and away from the tension disks. Of course we have done all....thread, needle, bobbin, clean, oil, etc. the stitch, believe it or not looks "okay", not great , but okay. This happened once before and it stopped after the usual cleanings and oilings and a little quilting. My husband the mechanic says one shouldn't drive on with a suspicious noise like I have. Any thoughts? I have read through the forum and haven't seen this problem mentioned. The machine was quilting along fine when this noise started.
  • WhidbeyConnie,

I am sorry that you are having problems with your machine. Each of the quilting machines have their own sounds but if this is something that has just started happening please call our Technical Solutions team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MDT. They will be able to tell you if the noise is something that you should have checked by your local rep.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator
  • Well it turns out that tech support pointed out that I was not oiling the hook! No problem now
  • The bobbin hook? Is there another place you have been oiling?