Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Motor Speed Sensor Failure
  • I've only recently started using my Sweet 16 after owning it for a few months. I'm about 3/4 of the way through quilting a quilt, and I stopped for the night. THe next night, I changed thread and the machine won't work. I get a Motor Speed Sensor Failure. I've turned off the machine. I've unplugged it, I've changed the thread back, I've put in a new needle, I've oiled it, and I've said many curse words. All to no avail. Is there anything I can try before I load it up and drive an hour to the nearest dealer? It was working fine one night, not at all the next.
  • Sunny,

When you get a Motor Stall message the first thing you want to do is turn off you machine. Check in your hook area and make sure there aren't any loose threads in there. It helps if you have someone who can slowly rotate the hand wheel as you watch the hook area and watch for threads.

After checking for loose threads make sure that you machine is threaded correctly. Check you needle and make sure that it is all the way up in the needle bar.

If you are still having problems you can call our Technical Solutions team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MST.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator
  • I did not have any more time to devote to this again until today. I've tried absolutely everything. I can't believe I spent this much money for something that does not work. I doubt that I've used it for more than 2 hours. I'll have to take time off work this week to call Tech Support. More money down the drain. Can you sense my frustration?