Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Pro-Stitcher: Motor Error
  • Would you please tell me what connections I should be checking to ensure that they are all secure? I am trying to resolve a Motor Error. One of the error messages has something about unable to access pipe (or something of that nature... sorry I can not recall the exact message layout, should have written it down). I was able to jiggle some cables connecting to the motor, red lights came on. After that I was able to open my design, reset my start point, but as soon as I went to Quilt and resumed stitching, the motor error appeared.

Any troubleshooting tips you can give me beyond what is in the user manual would be appreciated. One does not pay attention to what lights should be on, where cables are connected, etc when the machine is working properly :-)

Thanks,

Deb
  • Additional information: Went through some troubleshooting tips as recommended by Kevin at Country Traditions and hit a dead end. decided to disconnect the surge protector that I had attached to the power source. Powered everything down, then brought everything back up. Got a USB port error. Moved the USB port to the right spot (had moved it several times during my troubleshooting.

Was able to resume operating my machine and almost made it through 1 pass of edge-to-edge quilting and now I have encountered a Motor Error: "No echo response received".
  • Molstads,

It sounds like a communications problem between the machine and the Pro-Stitcher. Re-check all the connections that are on the Pro-Stitcher. Check the USB connection that is on the bottom of the screen and goes to the motor on the carriage, make sure they and both connected. Check the little black cable that is on the encoder wheel and make sure it is connected.

If everything looks like it is connected correctly please call our Technical Solutions team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MST.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator
  • After talking to technical support, it was pointed out to me that there is a loose connection to one of the boxes under the machine. This connection has been redesigned on newer machines. I stabilized the connection. Now I no longer get connection errors, but when I select "Quilt" and "Half Stitch", nothing happens. When I select "Run", the machine goes through the motions but does not stitch. Do you have technical support availability on weekends?