Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Eyelashing on bottom
  • Started a new quilt today, and I can't get rid of eyelashing on the bottom. I am using the same thread from same spools as previous quilt. I checked my tension, am using a new needle. I'm wondering if it could be the backing material. I washed and ironed it, but it still feels stiff compared to top.
  • My entire practice piece is eyelashes BUT I just got my Fusion three days ago and have never used a longarm. I am using the thread and wound bobbin that came with it so I assume(and maybe I shouldn't) that all tensions are correct. My question is: how do you know if it is a tension problem or a user problem? At this point I don't know if I am going too fast or too slow. Nothing in the manual about this. I have done free motion for thirty years and know none of that will help me here. I have tried both manual and regulated and still have the same problem. I will accept all advice that is given
  • Re-thread the top thread making sure you floss the thread in the tension disks.. remember if your bobbin tension is correct it is ALWAYS the top. My experience is when you have that many eyelashes the thread is not in the tension disk correctly...so floss it in.
    j
  • When you have eyelashes on the back of your quilt you should check and make sure that your thread is flossed in the tension disks.

There are some very helpful videos on the Handi Quilter website. If you will look under Education, then click on Videos there are a couple of videos on setting your tension, beginning with your bobbin. Watch these and they will help you with your tension.

Thank you,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator
  • Grandamajuki, thanks! I tried your suggestion and it worked. Back to quilting.