Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Thread skipping
  • I am almost all the way done with a full size quilt and suddenly I am getting skipped stitches. I have done a diagnostic test for Y motion and it passes. I feel like the tension is correct and the machine is properly threaded. Any ideas on what could be suddenly be causing this would be greatly appreciated!
  • Did you try changing the needle? It's one of the things that can go wrong partway through a project.
  • No, I haven't changed the needle, I will try it. Thanks!
  • May I chime in? I've had my Avante a few months and never had a problem until recently. Had a needle break and lodge in the bobbin case. This was removed and machine retimed by dealer/tech John. I've been away and now trying to quilt and any little curl to the left (from right to left) is skipping stitches. Did the whole deal clean-oil-thread-bobbin-tensions- sandwich- and adjusted needle as far as 5 isn and I'm still skipping stitches. Timing issue?
  • Dear TLS,
    Sorry about the issue of skipped stitches. Just as Marciabobarcia has stated you will want to try a new needle. Make sure your needle is in all the way. If that doesn't fix the skipped stitches, rotate your needle to 6:30, (6:00 being the way you normally put it in). Rotate it to your left as you are looking at the needle.
    If you continue having skipped stitches please give us a call.
    1-877-697-8458, 8 am-5 pm MDT.

Good luck,

Angie Balling
    Handi Quilter
    Studio Educator
  • Tried rotating needle with no luck. I am thinking I may have a timing issue.