Welcome Quilter!

It looks like you’re new here. If you want to get involved, click on “Apply for Membership”.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Holding the needle up/down to create start/stop
  • I've seen several videos demonstrating how you can hold the needle up/down button to make several small stitches at the beginning or end (preventing the starts and stops from coming undone). I have an older HQ16 (purchased used) that does not seem to work this way. For each hold of the button (no matter how long) the needle goes up once or down once, only.

Is this fixable?

This leads to the question...can the software on my machine be updated?

I do not have a stitch regulator (although I don't see why that is relevant).

Thank you.

Marcia
  • Marcia,

You will need to call our Customer Relations or Technical Solutions at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MST. They will need to know what version of software you currently have, but they will be able to help you determine what you will need.

If your HQ Sixteen has a tilt screen on the handle bars you have the stitch you are talking about. The setting can be changed under Set Up then scroll down to Walking and make sure it is turned on
    once it is turned on you will be able to us the Needle Up/Down to do the tacking stitches.

Good luck,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator
  • I checked the SetUp options and didn't see anything called "Walking." The software is version 2.1.

Is it possible to upgrade the software?

Thank you.

Marcia
  • Marcia,

Please call our Customer Relations team at 10877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MST. They will be able to tell you if you can upgrade your software and what it would take and cost to do that.

Thank you,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator