Important information about HANDI QUILTER UNIVERSITY RETREATS.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION before registering FOR YOUR RETREAT.
Plan your travel to arrive at the Salt Lake City, Utah airport the first day by 4:00 pm for a dinner held at the hotel at 6:00 pm. This gives you plenty of time to check-in prior to the dinner. The dinner is held at Country Inn and Suites 999 North 500 West, Bountiful, Utah.
- Host hotel: Country Inn and Suites, 999 North 500 West, Bountiful, Utah
- Handi Quilter has negotiated a room rate at the Country Inn and Suites that includes free ground transportation to and from Handi Quilter and retreat-related evening activities. In order to take advantage of this free shuttle, you must book directly with the hotel by calling 801-292-8100 and request a room reservation in the Handi Quilter block.
- Room rate is $89.00/night plus tax. You may choose 1 king or 2 queen beds.
- If you book outside of the Handi Quilter block (for instance, you find a lower rate on a third-party reservation website), the hotel will charge you $5.00 per trip for ground transportation.
- Airport shuttle Information
- The Country Inn and Suites has an airport shuttle available for $12 each way (per room). Other shuttle services are available, but we recommend using the hotel shuttle upon arrival.
- Shuttle service starts at 7:00 a.m. If you book a departing flight earlier than 10:00 a.m., you will need to book another shuttle service.
- All shuttle drivers appreciate a gratuity for good service.
- Other shuttle services
- The hotel shuttle will pick you up at the airport when you arrive. As soon as you have landed and before you pick up your baggage, please call the Country Inn & Suites (801-292-8100) to let them know that you have arrived and will need the shuttle.
- Classes begin the following morning at 8:45 am and go until around 5:00 pm. Each evening dinner is provided as well as a trip to a local quilt store one evening.
- On the last day of the retreat we finish at 1:00 pm after lunch so an outgoing flight after 3:00 pm gives you plenty of time to make your flight.
- Meals: A complimentary breakfast is available at the hotel. Lunches will be catered at Handi Quilter every day. Each evening dinner is provided as well as a trip to a local quilt store one evening.
- Jacket/sweater(in case it gets cool in the classroom)
- Comfortable shoes (you will be doing a lot of standing and quilting)
- Camera (we have beautiful quilts in our facility)
- Swimsuit Opt. (hotel has hot tub/pool)
- Plenty of space in luggage for your projects and product you may want to purchase while you’re here (We do have a shipping department in case you want to ship anything home.)
- Check or credit card for purchases
If you have any questions please email us at HQcares@handiquilter.com or call us at 1-877-697-8458 Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm Mountain Time.
We’re looking forward to having you here in our beautiful Handi Quilter Studio and wish you a safe journey to Salt Lake City, Utah.