Quilter's Preview Paper
See Your Quilting Design Before Quilting Your Quilt
Quilting makes the quilt!
Why use Quilter's Preview Paper instead of other clear films?
Draw on Quilter's Preview Paper using ultra fine point or fine point permanent markers. Use a light touch when drawing. We do not recommend washable markers or dry-erase markers.
To re-use Quilter's Preview Paper, use rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth to remove permanent marker. You can also use wet-erase (overhead projector) markers to draw on Quilter's Preview Paper which can be removed with water. We strongly recommend taking the paper to a flat surface, away from your quilt, before removing either permanent or wet-erase marker.
Mark on only one side of Quilter's Preview Paper to avoid ink transferring to project.
- Lay Quilter's Preview Paper on project or design to be traced.
- Trace or freehand design.
- Advance paper to draw another design (view multiple designs prior to choosing final). Use Quilter's Preview Paper to determine placement of quilting design and to see where thread will lay on your project.
- Choose final design.
Here's an example of several quilting designs for one block:
Design 1 - Traced Quilting Stencil
What we like: The heart motif and triple loops are nice elements and fit the piecing of the block. The design isn't large enough but could be echoed between the design and the block edges to fill up the space.
What we don't like: Look at the line from the heart to the triple loops. See that the line crosses from dark to light to dark to light fabric. What happens if you use white thread? The design lines in the white fabric will disappear and the lines in the dark fabrics will scream, leaving an awkward looking quilting design. The opposite happens if dark thread is used. If this design were used, monofilament thread would be the really the only choice.
Design 2 - Traced Quilting Pattern
What we like: We loved the design on paper.
What we don't like: This design competes with our patchwork and does nothing to complement it. Even if we enlarged it, it has the same thread color issues as Design 1.
- Trace appliqué design onto Quilter's Preview Paper.
- Place appliqué onto background fabric piece by piece, checking for accurate placement by laying Quilter's Preview Paper over your appliqué. Adjust appliqué as needed.
Do not iron Quilter's Preview Paper!
Order now - $9.95