Thank you to all who attended the 2014 Handi Quilter’s Academy, Quilting Elevated, at Snowbird Resort in Utah. We’re already starting to plan for 2015.
Please check out our photo album from the event! Click here.
Save the date!
June 17 to 20, 2015
Davis Conference Center
2nd Annual Handi Quilter's Academy®: Quilting Elevated
May 28-31, 2014
at the Snowbird Resort in Salt Lake City, UT.
Registration is closed for the 2014 Handi Quilter's Academy
Registration Price: $1,150.00 per person
Space is limited, so register today!
How will the 2014 Handi Quilter's Academy be different from 2013?
- More classes: choose from six classes each two-hour class period; up to 18 hours of instruction
- More teachers: enjoy classes by HQ studio educators, HQ national educators, and HQ ambassadors Kim Brunner, Angela Walters, Suzanne Hyland, and Helen Godden
- Three hands-on classrooms – HQ Pro-Stitcher, HQ Sweet Sixteen, and HQ18 Avanté; 27 hands-on classes
- Dedicated hands-on track for sit-down quilting, featuring the HQ Sweet Sixteen, as well as applicable lecture-demo classes
- Modern conference center at Snowbird
- Plus we listened to all of the comments and suggestions from 2013 to ensure 2014 is even better!
Top ten reasons to attend the Handi Quilter's Academy: Quilting Elevated
- Get inspired to finish more quilts!
- Receive top-notch machine quilting instruction from HQ educators and HQ ambassadors.
- Take advantage of both hands-on and lecture-demo classes.
- Mingle and meet with other quilters from around the world.
- Kick off the event with us at an evening dinner and reception.
- Enjoy a fabulous trunk show by a popular quilter.
- Experience the spectacular, yet tranquil mountain atmosphere.
- Hone your machine quilting skills with 20 hours of classroom instruction.
- Choose classes from multiple educational tracks:
- HQ Pro-Stitcher (hands on and lecture demo)
- Building longarm skills (hands on and lecture demo)
- Teacher spotlight [featuring well-known machine quilting teachers and Handi Quilter educators] (lecture demo)
- Get creative with your longarm machine (lecture demo)
- Quilting with your sit-down machine (hands on and lecture demo)
- Using Art & Stitch (lecture demo, but you’re welcome to bring your laptop)
- Vendor presentations
You'll want to make Handi Quilter's Academy an annual event!
Handi Quilter hands-on boot camps
Jumpstart your Handi Quilter’s Academy experience by attending one of the one-day Handi Quilter boot camps. When combined with Handi Quilter’s Academy, you’ll receive more than 27-1/2 hours of instruction – not to mention make great friends, enjoy some great food, and get rejuvenated in a beautiful mountain resort location!
- Are you a new machine owner and want to make sure that you know all of the basics about your quilting machine or HQ Pro-Stitcher before attending HQA?
- Do you want a refresher on the basics of using your HQ quilting machine or HQ Pro-Stitcher?
- Have you always wanted to learn the basics directly from the HQ educators?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you’ll want to consider one of the hands-on boot camps: (1) HQ longarm machines, (2) HQ sit-down machines, and (3) HQ Pro-Stitcher. The boot camps will be held on Wednesday, May 28 at Snowbird. Space in the boot camps is limited. Your $350 class fee includes meals, snacks, class materials, and great instruction by HQ educators.
Who should attend Handi Quilter’s Academy?
- Anyone who already has a Handi Quilter machine and wants to finish more quilts
- Anyone considering the purchase of a Handi Quilter longarm quilting machine or HQ Pro-Stitcher — try before you buy
- Handi Quilter reps wanting to improve their skills