The registration site for Handi Quilter's Academy will go live on November 1st, 2015 please check back then for a link to registration page.
3rd Annual Handi Quilter's Academy®: Quilting Elevated
June 17 to 20, 2015
at the Davis Conference Center, Layton, UT
Registration Price: $1,150.00 per person
Early-bird registration: Save $155 if you register before March 31, 2015
Space is limited, so register today!
What’s included with your 2015 Handi Quilter’s Academy registration?
- Top-notch classes by HQ studio educators, HQ national educators, and HQ ambassadors David Taylor, Kim Brunner, Angela Walters, and Ebony Love
- More than fifty classes to choose from, including:
- Eight HQ Sweet Sixteen hands-on classes (sit-down free-motion quilting), plus many applicable lecture-demo classes
- Eight HQ Pro-Stitcher hands-on classes, plus many HQ Pro-Stitcher lecture-demo classes
- Eight longarm (HQ18 Avanté) hands-on classes, plus lecture-demo classes
- Six Art & Stitch lecture-demo classes
- Opening reception and buffet, Wednesday, June 17, 6:00 to 7:30 PM. The reception continues with a free tour of the Handi Quilter headquarters offices, manufacturing facility, and quilt gallery (featuring quilts made by the HQA teachers), Wednesday, June 17, 7:30 to 9:30 PM. We’ll provide free round-trip bus transportation between the Davis Conference Center and Handi Quilter.
- General session on Thursday, June 18, beginning at 8:30 AM, with featured speaker Steve Nabity, founder and CEO (chief energizing officer) of AccuQuilt
- Breakfast and lunch on Thursday, June 18 and Friday, June 19; breakfast on Saturday, June 20.
- Banquet dinner on Friday, June 19, 6:00 to 9:00 PM, featuring keynote presentation by David Taylor
Optional activities during Handi Quilter’s Academy:
- Wednesday, June 17, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM: Handi Quilter’s Boot Camp
- Thursday, June 18, 5:30 to 10:00 PM: Downtown SLC excursion, with dinner at the renowned Lion House [more information]
- Saturday, June 20, 1:00 to 9:30PM: Shop hop (includes lunch and dinner) [more information]
Top ten reasons to attend the 2015 Handi Quilter's Academy: Quilting Elevated
- Get inspired to finish more quilts!
- Receive the best machine quilting instruction available from HQ educators and HQ ambassadors.
- Something for everyone: choose classes from multiple educational tracks.
- Take advantage of both hands-on and lecture-demo classes.
- Mingle and meet with other quilters from around the world.
- Kick off the event with us at an evening dinner buffet and reception, plus tour of Handi Quilter’s new 71,000 square-foot headquarters.
- Enjoy a fabulous keynote address and trunk show by David Taylor.
- Hone your machine quilting skills with 18 hours of classroom instruction.
- Join the optional shop hop to some fabulous quilt shops in Davis County, Utah.
- Visit with some of your favorite quilting vendors.
You'll want to make Handi Quilter's Academy an annual event!
Handi Quilter hands-on boot camps
Jumpstart your Handi Quilter’s Academy experience by attending one of the one-day Handi Quilter boot camps. When combined with Handi Quilter’s Academy, you’ll receive more than 27 hours of instruction – not to mention make great friends, enjoy some great food, and get rejuvenated!
- Are you a new machine owner and want to make sure that you know all of the basics about your quilting machine or HQ Pro-Stitcher before attending HQA?
- Do you want a refresher on the basics of using your HQ quilting machine or HQ Pro-Stitcher?
- Have you always wanted to learn the basics directly from the HQ educators?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you’ll want to consider one of the hands-on boot camps: (1) HQ longarm machines, (2) HQ sit-down machines, and (3) HQ Pro-Stitcher. The boot camps will be held on Wednesday, May 28 at Snowbird. Space in the boot camps is limited. Your $350 class fee includes meals, snacks, class materials, and great instruction by HQ educators.
Who should attend Handi Quilter’s Academy?
- Anyone who already has a Handi Quilter machine and wants to finish more quilts
- Anyone considering the purchase of a Handi Quilter longarm quilting machine or HQ Pro-Stitcher — try before you buy (and then take advantage of Handi Quilter’s Academy show pricing)
- Handi Quilter reps who want to improve their own skills