Arriving by Air?
We have arranged for transportation between the airport to the Homestead Resort. If you are not able to arrange your travel schedule to join one of our chartered mini-coaches/buses, you will need to arrange transportation at your own expense.
We suggest you check the Handi Quilter shuttle schedule below (both to the Homestead and returning to the airport) before you make flight arrangements to ensure you can take advantage of the free transportation we are providing.
If you are not able to use one of our chartered shuttles, Express Shuttle provides their standard shuttle service to the Homestead for $80 per person each way. Contact Express Shuttle at (800) 397-0773 or make a reservation at their website.
Handi Quilter Shuttle Schedule:
From Salt Lake City (SLC) Airport to the Homestead Resort
- Wednesday, April 17, 2013: Depart the SLC airport at 12:00 PM, 1:30 PM, 3:00 PM and 4:30 PM.
- When you arrive at the SLC airport, look for the Handi Quilter sign and hostess in the Terminal B baggage claim area. The Homestead Resort is approximately a one-hour's drive from the airport.
From the Homestead Resort to the SLC Airport
- Driving time to the airport is 60 to 70 minutes. Allow plenty of time before your flight.
- Saturday, April 20, 2013: Bus departs from the Homestead at 1:00 PM and 3:30 PM.
- Sunday, April 21, 2013: Bus departs from the Homestead at 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM
Arriving by Car?
We expect some of you will choose to take advantage of the preferred room rate to extend your stay before and/or after the retreat and will want to rent a car. Or if your spouse is travelling with you, he will want the flexibility to visit some of the nearby attractions by car. All of the major car rental agencies are available at the SLC airport.
View Larger Map
Driving directions to the Homestead Resort from the SLC Airport (will take approximately an hour):
- Start out going north on Terminal Dr toward Bangerter Hwy.
- Merge onto I-80 E toward City Center/Ogden/Provo.
- Keep right to take I-80 E via EXIT 304 toward Cheyenne.
- Take the US-40 E exit, EXIT 146, toward Heber/Vernal.
- Merge onto US-40 E toward Heber/Vernal.
- Turn right onto W River Rd. (If you miss this turn, don't worry. Just continue a couple miles until you get into Heber City, turn right at 100 South/UT-113 and follow the signs to the Homestead once you get to Midway.)
- Enter next roundabout and take the 2nd exit onto E Burgi Ln. You will see signs indicating how to get to the Homestead and Zermatt resorts.
- E Burgi Ln becomes Cari Ln.
- Turn left onto Homestead Rd/UT-222. The entrance to the Homestead will be on your left (just beyond Zermatt on your right).