Handi Quilter’s Academy: Quilting Elevated offers more than 50 classes, including 24 hands-on classes from which to choose! This will be the largest gathering of HQ educators in any one place. Classes will be presented by the HQ studio educators, HQ national educators, and HQ ambassadors David Taylor, Kim Brunner, Angela Walters, and Ebony Love.
You’ll choose from our tremendous selection of classes for up to 18 hours of instruction in the following categories.
- HQ Pro-Stitcher (hands on and lecture demo, HQ Avanté with HQ Pro-Stitcher)
- Building longarm skills (hands on and lecture demo, HQ Avanté)
- Quilting with your sit-down machine (hands on and lecture demo, HQ Sweet Sixteen)
- Get creative with your longarm machine (lecture demo, HQ Avanté)
- Get creative with your sit-down machine (lecture demo, HQ Sweet Sixteen)
- Using Art & Stitch (lecture demo)
Shortly after you register for Handi Quilter’s Academy, we will send you a link so you can select your classes. You will select your top four classes (ranked 1, 2, 3, and 4) for each class period.
All class registrations received by January 16, 2015 will be manually sorted and assigned by our registrar, to give students the best opportunity to receive most of their first-choice classes. Class lists for that group will be sent via e-mail on February 1. Registrations received after January 16 will receive their class confirmations within 30 days of receipt of registration. Many classes fill up quickly, so to ensure you receive most of your first choices, register early!
Important class information
- Some classes are presented as both a hands-on class and a lecture-demo class. You do not need to sign up for both classes as the content is the same. In fact, there is likely more content in the lecture-demo version.
- The HQ Pro-Stitcher hands-on classes are taught on the latest version of HQ Pro-Stitcher on an HQ Avanté with HQ Pro-Stitcher, with two people per machine.
- The longarm hands-on classes are taught on an HQ Avanté, with two people per machine. These classes are technique classes and are applicable to all stand-up longarm machines.
- The HQ Sweet Sixteen hands-on classes are planned with one person per machine. If there is more demand than anticipated, we may need to put two people per machine.
IMPORTANT: The following classes are FULL and no longer available for selection
PS-2 and PS-3 (hands-on, HQ Pro-Stitcher) Everything Edge-to-Edge (taught by Vicki Hoth)
- PS-4 (hands-on, HQ Pro-Stitcher): Corners, Borders and Sashing (taught by Vicki Hoth)
- SS-1 and SS-2 (hands-on, Sweet Sixteen) Rhythm and Hues (taught by David Taylor)
- SS-3 (hands-on, Sweet Sixteen): Bending the Rule(r)s (taught by Charlotte Warr Andersen)
- SS-5 (hands-on, Sweet Sixteen): Graffiti Quilting: A simple approach to complex designs (taught by Karlee Porter)
- SS-6 (hands-on, Sweet Sixteen): Appliqué, Thread Painting, and Quilting (taught by Beverly Burton)
- SS-7 (hands-on, Sweet Sixteen): Make a Couched Purse (taught by Diane Henry)
- SS-8 (hands-on, Sweet Sixteen): One Line at a Time (taught by Charlotte Warr Andersen)
- LA-5 (hands-on, HQ Avanté): Free-hand Fun (taught by Susan Jungerheld)
IMPORTANT: The following classes are nearly full. It will be first come, first served based on the date and time of your class selections. If the class is full, you'll be added to your #2 choice.
- PS-3 (hands-on, HQ Pro-Stitcher): Playing with HQ Pro-Stitcher (taught by Diane Henry)
- PS-6 (hands-on, HQ Pro-Stitcher): How’d She Do That? Now you can do that too! (taught by Elaine Gilmore)
- SS-4 (hands-on, Sweet Sixteen): Block Party Pizzazz (taught by Beverly Burton)
Class Schedule (pdf)
Class Descriptions (pdf)