Handi Quilter’s Academy: Quilting Elevated offers more than 50 classes, including 27 hands-on classes from which to choose! This will be the largest gathering of HQ educators in any one place. Classes will be presented by the HQ Studio Educators, HQ National Educators, and HQ Ambassadors (including Kim Brunner, Suzanne Hyland, Angela Walters, and Helen Godden).
You’ll choose from our tremendous selection of classes for up to 18 hours of instruction in the following categories.
- HQ Pro-Stitcher (hands on and lecture demo)
- Building longarm skills (hands on and lecture demo)
- Quilting with your sit-down machine (hands on and lecture demo)
- Get creative with your longarm machine (lecture demo)
- Using Art & Stitch (lecture demo)
Shortly after you register for Handi Quilter’s Academy, we will send you a link so you can select your classes. You will select your top four classes (ranked 1, 2, 3, and 4) for each class period.
All class registrations received by January 10, 2014 will be manually sorted and assigned by our registrar, to give students the best opportunity to receive at least one of their first choice classes. Class lists for that group will be sent via e-mail on February 1. Registrations received after January 10 will receive their class confirmations within 30 days of receipt of registration.Important class information
- Each class by the HQ Ambassadors (Kim Brunner, Suzanne Hyland, Helen Godden, and Angela Walters) is taught twice so more people will have the opportunity to take classes from these popular teachers.
- Several classes are presented as both a hands-on class and a lecture-demo class. You do not need to sign up for both classes as the content is the same. In fact, there may be more content in the lecture-demo version.
- The HQ Pro-Stitcher hands-on classes are taught on the latest version of HQ Pro-Stitcher on an HQ18 Avanté, with two people per machine.
- The longarm hands-on classes are taught on an HQ18 Avanté, with two people per machine. These classes are technique classes and are applicable to all HQ stand-up longarm machines.
- The HQ Sweet Sixteen hands-on classes are tentatively planned with one person per machine. If there is more demand than anticipated, we may choose to put two people per machine.