At Handi Quilter our main focus is on the quilter and our retreats are designed with the quilter in mind. Most of our classes are held in our spacious studio at our headquarters in North Salt Lake and every student has their own HQ18 Avanté machine to work on. Time is split between class instruction and hands-on training with our award-winning Studio Educators. Class sizes are kept small for more personalized attention.
Retreat Fee: $750 (includes nonrefundable deposit of $100 to hold your place)
Where: The Handi Quilter studio in North Salt Lake, Utah
What you get:
- 2-1/2 days of hands-on instruction with class materials
- Small class size with individual attention
- One student per HQ18 Avanté machine
- Catered lunches and dinners
- Delicious breakfasts daily (if staying at the recommended hotel, the Country Inn and Suites in Bountiful, UT)
- Soft drinks, coffee, juice, bottled water, and snacks throughout the day
- Ground transportation from between the airport and the hotel, and between the hotel and the Handi Quilter studio (provided by Country Inn and Suites in Bountiful, UT)
- Check availability and pre-register using Eventbrite. Be sure to provide all of your contact information.
- After you have pre-registered, our registrar Marie Eldredge will call you to get your credit card information for the $100 nonrefundable deposit to hold your place.
- You will be notified two weeks before the retreat that we will be processing the balance of your payment.
- Make your hotel reservations at the Country Inn and Suites in Bountiful, UT, 999 North 500, West Bountiful, UT 84010, Reservations: +1 (800) 830-5222 US/Canada Toll-free
- Make your own travel arrangements. You can plan to travel on the first and last days of the retreats. Arrive by 4:00 p.m. to join us at 6:00 p.m. for dinner on Day 1. Do not plan to leave before 3 p.m. on the last day.
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bountiful, UT
999 North 500, West Bountiful, UT 84010, USA
Reservations: (800) 830-5222
Telephone: (801) 292-8100
Located just north of Salt Lake City, the Country Inn & Suites Hotel Bountiful, Utah offers a convenient location, near Salt Lake City attractions. Guests at our hotel enjoy a wide variety of amenities, including an indoor pool and whirlpool, access, a Fitness Center and a complimentary deluxe hot breakfast. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to local attractions and is located near several ski resorts and the University of Utah. Hotel rooms provide convenient amenities, including complimentary high-speed Internet access, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, satellite TV and more. For additional space, our Bountiful hotel's suites provide even more amenities and spacious layouts for your comfort.
Typical retreat schedule:
Day 1: travel to SLC arrive by 4:00 pm for 6:00 pm dinner
Day 2: Classes from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Dinner 6:00 pm
Visit to local quilt store
Day 3: Classes from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Dinner 6:00 pm
Day 4: Classes 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
1:00 pm Retreat ends