HQ Video Catalog
Handi Quilter is more than just high-quality longarm machines and supplies. We pride ourselves in offering many different training and education options for our customers as well. Whether you want to take a hands-on course, join us for a monthly free training webinar, or just learn as you go there are many options available on the site. Choose a tab below to start.
- Checking Bobbin Tension
- Changing a Needle
- Threading Your Machine
- Loading Your Quilt (HQ Sixteen, Simply Sixteen & HQ24 Fusion)
- Super-Easy Handi Quilter Maintenance - Clean and Oil
Learn how easy it is to maintain your Handi Quilter longarm quilting machine. Tips for oiling and cleaning lint.
TNT (Threads, Needles & Tension) Lose that Tension Headache! Handi Quilter Education Coordinator, Vicki Hoth, leads longarm quilters through everything they need to know about TNT: Threads, Needles and Tension.
- Locking Your Beginning Stitches
- The Quilter's Academy Presents - Top Longarm Quilting Tips from Suzanne Michelle Hyland
Suzanne shares some of her best tips for making longarm quilting easy and fun.
- Additional Quilting Techniques - Additional quilting techniques for all HQ quilting machines.
- Additional Quilting Techniques II
- Quilting Techniques - Clouds
- Quilting Techniques - Swirls
- Quilting Techniques - Loops
- Quilting Techniques - Stippling
Original HQ Machine
HQ II Frame
- HQ Pro-Stitcher Tutorials
Visit our YouTube channel for a collection of short tutorials explaining the new features of the HQ Pro-Stitcher software released June 2013.
- New HQ Pro-Stitcher Software Review
HQ Studio educator Marie Eldredge takes you through the main features of the new HQ Pro-Stitcher Software released October 2012.
- Using Art & Stitch with HQ Pro-Stitcher
Loes van der Heijden of Art & Stitch shows how to trace a photo to create a design which can then be stitched out using the HQ Pro-Stitcher.
- HQ Precision-Glide Machine Wheel Kit Installation
- HQ Sixteen Continuous Tracks
HQ Studio Educator Mindy Powell demonstrates how to install the HQ Sixteen Continuous Tracks.
- How to Replace the Tracks on your Carriage
HQ Studio Educator Mindy Powell demonstrates how to replace the tracks on your carriage.
- HQ Pole Upgrade Kit for HQ Adjustable Table and HQ QuilTable
- HQ Precison-Glide Track Upgrade Kit for HQ Adjustable Table and HQ QuilTable
- Installing the Groovy Board Stylus and Adaptor (HQ Sixteen)
Installing the Groovy Board Stylus and Adaptor for the HQ Sixteen.
- Installing and Using a Horizontal Spool Pin
Installing and Using a Horizontal Spool Pin.
- Easy Handi Quilter Open-Toe Hopping Foot Installation
Handi Quilter Education Coordinator Vicki Hoth shows you step-by-step how to install the open-toe hopping foot on an HQ longarm quilting machine.
- HQ18 Avanté UV LED Set
HQ Studio Educator Mindy Powell demonstrates how to install and use the HQ18 Avanté UV LED Set.
How to install the HQ Ruler Base on your HQ Quilting Machine
How to install the HQ Ruler Base on your HQ Quilting Machine. You can view and download a version that you can print at http://www.handiquilter.com/rulerbaseinstructions
HQ Bobbin Winder (older model)
HQ Micro Handles
Quilter's Preview Paper
Other HQ Accessories and Gadgets
- About Handi Quilter®
Handi Quilter® is the leading manufacturer and marketer of longarm and mid-arm quilting machines (both frame and sit-down systems), frames, quilting gadgets and educational material for beginning to advanced quilting enthusiasts and quilting professionals.
- Handi Quilter Gives HQ18 Avante to Council, Idaho School
Handi Quilter Gives HQ18 Avante to Council, Idaho School's textile program.
Affiliate Video Collections
- QNNTV.com - A collection of broadcast segments on our Handi Quilter products.
- AllPeopleQuilt.com - A collection of professional video presentations on quilting techniques using Handi Quilter products.
- Quilters Newsletter TV Channel - Features a few presentations with Suzanne Hyland and educator Cheryl Duncan.
- McCall's Quilting - Features several Handi Quilter Videos